Bulk Storage and Piping Case Study
Major Steel Manufacturer, Ohio
Waste Acid Bulk Storage
This major steel manufacturer was founded in 1900 in and established the first formal research department in the steel industry in 1910. It grew through the development of specialty steels and new technology. Among the many “firsts” was the development of continuous rolling technology. This company holds more U.S. patents than any other specialty steel company.
Today, the Specialty Flat-Rolled Steels segment produces flat-rolled chrome stainless, specialty stainless sheet and strip, electrical steels and galvanized steels. As measured by production and shipped tons, the company is the largest specialty steel company in the United States.
- Visual internal inspection
- Visual external inspection
- Spark testing of the tank liners
- Nondestructive ultrasonic thickness survey tests of the tank shell and heads
- Visual inspection
- Structural integrity analysis
- Calculate containment capacity
- Materials of construction
- Structural and mechanical review of the design for compliance with Ohio EPA waste management regulations